Sunday 10 April 2011

Favorite Pictures!

Sunday, April 10th, 2011

I was just browsing through some pictures of the movie The Virgin Suicides just to see who plays the roles and how some scenes look lik etc. Then I came across two pictures that really made me smile and that I think shows the Lisbon girls emotions really well.

This picture I find can really display all of the emotions of the Lisbon girls. From the outside looking in everyone thinks of the Lisbon girls as shy, no self-confidence, low self-esteem girls but this picture shows a different side of them. This picture shows their care free side--a side which their parents probably do not see. Their smiles reflect what they want people to think about them. They just want to be normal if anyone would let them. They want to show everyone that they can be fun to hang around with but importantly that they are like any other normal teenager. They do not want to be judged by their parents' behaviours and attitudes. Their smiles show how happy they are to be with each other and outside. This picture reflects the girls true selves.
I absolutely love this picture. The background and Lux's facial expression catptivate me. Lux is in an open field and wandering about aimlessly. I love she has in her hand reminds me of the time when people go "he loves me, he loves me not." Her facial expressions reminds me of someone who is trying to get lost within themselves. Like she wants to forgot about everything that is going on in her life and just relax. The background is of a haystack field and I think the reason Lux chose to go to a field is because nothing and nobody is around you. Also, fields like this hide a person and it becomes difficult to find them. I think that is the main reason Lux Lisbon came to the field. To get some peace, and hide away from the world for a while. She certainly can't get peace at home and not even at school with her father being there. To me this is a PERFECT picture of Lux and her personality.

1 comment:

  1. The movie has a really beautiful use of warm colours and tones during the beginning of it, like the picture of Lux. I agree with your comments on it; its a really captivating picture.

    ReplyDelete