Thursday 14 April 2011

Sad, Sad, Sad!

Thursday, April 14th, 2011

I have just finished reading the book and it was so sad and emotional. It was a cry of help from girls of were suffering emotionally from the hands of their parents. Although, I must say that this book was a fantastic book! I said this in my first blog that I often have trouble sticking to one book for a long period of time but there was something about this book that I just could not stop reading it. Maybe it was the emotional aspect of it, or the curiousty of how the other girls would kill themselves or generally how the book was wrote but one thing I have to say is this book exceeding my expectations! After a very long time I read a book that I absolutely loved and adored! One thing I would have liked was having to read the book from the girl's point of view. I wish at times the story was told by the perspetives of Lux, Cecilia, Mary, Bonnie or Therese to make the book even more emtional and in depth. Overall, a fantastic book by Jeffrey Eugenides.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to also read read this book from the girls' point of view! Actually, I'd love to read it from the point of view of each of the girls, Trip, Mrs. Lisbon, Mr. Lisbon and the paramedics that came to the house four times in the entire novel. I wish he wrote more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! It would have made the book more interesting and sparked debate over who's right and who's wrong. Overall, amazing book. thanks for recommending it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't understand why they choose to kill themselves. They had the possibility to escape from the parents house. Why did they all choose to commit suicide while the Boys were being in the house too. I think too much of the end of the Story and i think they could have solved their Problems in a other way, or not?

    ReplyDelete